Old 07-01-2004, 09:32 PM
K Barrett

Default My webpage!

"Ted Byers" wrote in message

"Claude" wrote in message
. ..
Hello everyone!

I have setup a page where I can post my pictures of my phal.

www.picturetrail.com/phalguy

Nicely done. The plants look healthy.

I notice you are looking for P. tetraspis. I have one, but I am not about
to part with it yet. However, IIRC, I got it from Terry, so you might be
able to get it directly from Terry or from Paul (since the two are close
friends who do a lot of business with each other). In fact, they are the
guys to talk to, at least in Ontario and Quebec, about phal species, and
they have contacts and suppliers from all over.

You realize that, if you're having rouble with humidity, or if you just

want
to raise it, you can do so easily with your setup. It looks like a fairly
standard shelving unit that I could pick up and Home Depot, with light
fixtures attached to the bottom of each shelf but the bottom one. If that
is correct, and you haven't doen so already, you can get clear strong
plastic at just about any hardware or building supply store like Home

Depot
(I've seen it inHome Depot and haven't looked elsewhere - but I'd expect

any
such store would have it). Just cut to fit and staple around all four
sides, leaving just one side (which probably ought to be the front)

hanging
from the top so you have easy access to the plants. Then, place a little
fan in it to keep the air moving and put a large tray filled with water
under the bottom shelf. With the plastic in place (and I'm assuming it

goes
right to the floor), the movement of water will be constrained to be
primarily within your installation and the "humidity tray" will be
humidifying only a very small volume rather than your whole dwelling.

Cheers,

Ted

I wonder if you could use those plastic zippered doors that contractors use
to keep dust from demolition from spreading to other parts of the house? To
allow easier access to the plants. The zipper5ed cosures I've seen have all
been clear plastic.

K Barrett