Old 08-01-2004, 12:35 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default House Plants that cn be used in water?

Also, heart leaf philodendron and Arrowhead, both come in varigated or
solid green varieties. Aquatic palm plants do well inside, as does bog
lilies and Imperial Taro, so you might want to pick those up for the
outside pond next year and bring them in with the koi. I think Ingrid does
this with quite a few of her veggie filter plants. ~ jan

MC wrote:
I decided at the last minute to bring my Koi inside for the winter. I
saved only 1 pond plant. In Chicago, you can't easily find water
plants in the winter other than submersibles (anacharis) at the pet
store. Are there any common houseplants I could buy that will do well
submersed in water?

The Peace Lily does very well. I have one in my indoor
goldfish pond. bonnie

See jan's ponds thru the seasons and/or my filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website