Old 08-01-2004, 01:04 AM
D Kat

Default House Plants that cn be used in water?

Why do you want them to be submersed? If you want plants to use the fish
waste there are many house plants that will do well in water. Just about
any plant that has surface roots or any plant that you would stick in a jar
of water to root. I currently have a arrowhead plant (syngonium
podophyllum) stuck in my patio water garden that I pulled inside and it has
been doing fine for some time now (far better than the poor water
hyacynths). To oxygenate I would think that it would be easier to just add
a bubbler IMO..... DKat

"MC" wrote in message
om...
I decided at the last minute to bring my Koi inside for the winter. I
saved only 1 pond plant. In Chicago, you can't easily find water
plants in the winter other than submersibles (anacharis) at the pet
store. Are there any common houseplants I could buy that will do well
submersed in water?