Old 08-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default "Carrot Juice is Murder"

In article ,
"Andy Hunt" writes:
| I found out the other day what a "fruitarian" is . . . you can eat anything
| as long as it doesn't kill the plant/animal. So tomatoes are OK, and so is
| milk and cheese. Fruitarians quite happily get their protein from dairy
| products, unlike vegans, because it doesn't kill the animal to do so.

There might be a slight problem with milk production if dairy cows
were left to live out their lifespan. Not to say a population
problem, as a cow has to produce a calf to start producing milk
(though I believe that is being worked on).

However, combine that with 'right to life' and you get the result
that eating nuts, pulses and grains is not acceptable, nor is eating
the seeds of a tomato.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.