Old 08-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Chookie

Default Raillway sleepers

In article ,
"Arno and Triny" wrote:

can anyone help me....I am after some raillway sleepers to make some bed
plant.

I would only use *used* railway sleepers in beds for ornamental plants. Our
railways are sprayed with arsenic to kill weeds, so some would be absorbed by
the sleepers.

I have look around but cannot find any anyone got any idea where around
sydney they can be found?

Have you rung any large nurseries or landscape suppliers?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc