Old 08-01-2004, 12:35 PM
Frogleg

Default "Carrot Juice is Murder"

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:58:44 -0000, "Andy Hunt"
wrote:

I posted a recipe on alt.cooking.veg which included worcestershire sauce,
which of course contains anchovies. I'm not a vegetarian, I just don't eat
meat, it doesn't agree with my digestive system. What I didn't realise was
that the 'veg' in alt.cooking.veg stands for "vegan" not "vegetarian". I was
told in no uncertain terms that I was not welcome with my suggestions for
"cannibalising their friends in the sea" . . . I didn't stop to argue the
grammar.

Well, anchovies wouldn't go with plain ol' vegetarianism, either.
Although doesn't cannibalism imply eating one's own species? Only
*very* degnerate anchovies use worcestershire sauce. :-)