Old 08-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Martin Bates Martin Bates is offline
Registered User

Default Got me seeds today

PS. I always forget, is a tomato a vegetable or a fruit?

Depends upon your point of view. :-)

I made chilli "jam" this year. Not sure whether they are fruits or vegetables, I guess similar to a tomato.

If anyone wants the recipe - about 80% tomatoes, 20% chillis. Add loads of nutmeg, cinnamon, mixed spice, etc. whatever you have. Then make as per normal fruit jam, straining off the pulp before adding the sugar. It sounds disgusting and tastes very hot before setting, but once set, is absolutely delicious. A bit like any red fruit jam, but with a kick in the tail.