Old 08-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Tim Challenger

Default Is this true? If so, it gives me an idea

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 20:51 +0000 (GMT), Steve Harris wrote:

On http://www.scs.leeds.ac.uk/cgi-bin/p...opaeolum+majus I
read

"Research indicates that aphids flying over plants with orange or yellow
flowers do not stop, nor do they prey on plants growing next to or above
the flowers[201]. "

[201] Allardice.P. A - Z of Companion Planting. Cassell Publishers Ltd.
1993 ISBN 0-304-34324-2

So could one protect crops from aphids by putting out plastic flowers?
(which might be more convenient)

My yellow motorbike attracts aphids like nothing else I know. The red one
is mostly ignored.

--
Tim.

If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would
be so simple that we couldn't.