Old 08-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Dog mess

EMOVE (Robbie) wrote in
:

I have two gardens on my property, the back garden is fenced, that
garden isn't the problem. The front garden, however, is unfenced as I
live in council terraced property and the grass is open and we are not
allowed to fence that part off (some tenants have bought their
property and fenced off their part of the front garden, whilst others
like me cannot).

Are you allowed to plant things? I once lived on an estate where front
fences were forbidden, but 'gardening' was allowed.

Everyone just put in hedges or shrub borders instead.

Alternatively, dogs do learn. A couple of them used to break into my
garden here and leave deposits (annoying, but tolerable as I have lots of
space) and terrorise my rabbits (not tolerable). They swiftly decided I
was too scary to mess with - and departed never to return.

Not ideal unless you are very confident with dogs though. Water pistol
ambush from upstairs window, perhaps?

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill