Old 08-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Frogleg

Default Whats eating my veggies?

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:19:11 -0000, "shazzbat"
wrote:

It s beginning of January here in northern California and
is the coldest time of year.

So somebody educate me (in southern England)

What constitutes cold in California? Frost?fog?snow?

When we think of California over here the only thing that springs to mind is
sunshine.

California is 770 miles 'long' and 250mi 'wide' with a variety of
climate zones. including temperate coastal areas, deserts, interior
plains, and the tallest mountain peak (Mt. Whitney -14,494ft) in the
US outside Alaska. If the unidentified poster is in San Fransicso,
average January minimum temperatures are in the mid-40sF. Temperature
extremes range between -45F around Lake Tahoe to 134F in Death Valley.

You're probably thinking of the southern Calif/Los Angeles area of
movies and TV. Average low temperatures for January are in the upper
40sF.