Old 08-01-2004, 04:42 PM
blove

Default What do you think of these fish in a 55G

id never put a male and a female siamese fighting fish in the same tank
together unless it is heavily planted and even only if i was experienced in
the particuliar fish. males can kill unwilling to mate females and females
have been known to kill males. id just go with atleast 3 females. i have 4
female bettas in my 30 long and everyone gets along fine. but i wouldnt mix
males with females. with the guppies and swordtails you want 3 females to
each male just so the male doesnt pester the one female all the time to
breed. the jullii corys sound good with that many just cuz they do best in
groups of 3 or more., i dont know much aobut clown loaches and i dont know
much about the kribs. instead of those algea eaters i think a male and
female albino bristlenose pleco would be cool, they dont get huge like the
common plecos. i have a bunch of ghost shrimp in my 30 and they are good
little cleaners and fun to watch too. the clown loaches would probably eat
the snails, i do know they love snails.
i wouldnt add everyone at once id only add a few to let the tank cycle and
after the cycling id still gradually add until you have what ya want but as
for being too much, that one inch of fish per gallon rule is i find more of
a guidline for new aquariasts, as long as you routinly check your water
parameters and partial regularly and dont overfeed it should be ok.

"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
These are the fish I was thinking of putting in my planted 55G. Looking

for
some feedback about whether it's too much, etc.

1 pair Siamese Fighting Fish
1 pair Kribs
1 pair Swordtails
1 pair Guppies
6 Cory Jullii
3 Clown Loaches
12 small Tetras (still have to determine which ones)
6-12 algae eaters (SAE and/or Ottos)
bunch of ghost shrimp (maybe)
bunch of malaysian trumpet snails

Thanks,
Harry

P.S. If I actually have room for more, I was thinking of adding 4-6 zebra
danios.