Old 08-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Mike Lyle

Default OT A simple lesson in life

"Andy Hunt" wrote in message ...
Drink is the answer.

(sorry - what was the question?)

I only drink to steady myself actually. Trouble is, sometimes I get so
steady I can't move.

. . . and finally . . . my grandad (who was a very keen gardener indeed)
used to say, "when I can't drink any more, pour it in my ear."

Andrew
(more recycled "green" jokes)

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Sally Thompson" wrote
"David Hill" wrote:

I know this is off topic but having seen it on another site I thought

it
worth sharing
This simple lesson in life is a good thought to start the new year
A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in

front
of
him. snip story

David, that's wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing it with us (well,
with me - I dare not presume to speak for anyone else g).
Sally in Shropshire, UK

You may speak for me Sally :~))
Nice one David - I presume URG is a golfball ?
Jenny

The prof could have wowed the gang even more by then filling the glass
again, with water. A great trick: IIRC, you fill a pint glass with
sand, then add a full half-pint of water.

Perhaps if you fill your glass with soil and water, there's no room
for balls. Which is a good thing!

Mike.