Old 08-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Sue

Default What do you think of these fish in a 55G

1 pair Siamese Fighting Fish -either ONE male OR three or four females.
Its best to not mix sexes in a community tank.
Bettas are fine in big tanks but be careful if your LFS keeps them in tiny
containers as they may be rather unfit when first introduced. A breeding net
makes a good training area.
1 pair Kribs

- not ideal with smaller fish. Try apistogrammas, laetacaras or Rams
instead.
1 pair Swordtails 1 pair Guppies -

These prefer much harder water than your other choices so I wouldn't have
them.
6 Cory Jullii

-fine
3 Clown Loaches

- fine but the tank need to be mature & they will get big but take some time
doing so.
12 small Tetras (still have to determine which ones)

fine but I'd suggest 2 groups of 6 to give interest at different levels. If
you get pentazona barbs your clowns will school with them.
6-12 algae eaters (SAE and/or Ottos)

3 SAE or 5-6 otos or both.
bunch of ghost shrimp (maybe) bunch of malaysian trumpet snails

-both lunch for clown loaches.
P.S. If I actually have room for more, I was thinking of adding 4-6 zebra
danios.

-put these in first!
Sue