Old 08-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Harry Muscle

Default What do you think of these fish in a 55G

"Sue" wrote in message
1 pair Siamese Fighting Fish -either ONE male OR three or four females.

Its best to not mix sexes in a community tank.

Just out of curiosity, but why do you say that?

SNIP

1 pair Swordtails 1 pair Guppies -

These prefer much harder water than your other choices so I wouldn't have
them.

According to fishprofiles.com all of the fish (except the livebearers) are
OK in 5-19dH water. The livebearers are ok in 10-20dH. My water is around
7-8dH, which I'm hoping is going to be ok for the Guppies & Swordtails
especially since I used to have guppies many years ago in the same 7-8dH
water and they did really good (or at least they bred like crazy).

SNIP
Sue

Thanks for the input,
Harry