Old 08-01-2004, 08:18 PM
RedForeman ©®

Default What do you think of these fish in a 55G

If you're referring to bettas, sue is right... the male will be the living
$hit out of the female if/when he decides to mate.... it's not advisable to
put a male and female betta in the same tank without removing the female
after the male builds the bubble nest and she does her thing....

if you're talking about chinese algae eaters, then YGIAGAM (your guess is as
good as mine)

--

RedForeman ©®

"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
"Sue" wrote in message
1 pair Siamese Fighting Fish -either ONE male OR three or four

females.
Its best to not mix sexes in a community tank.

Just out of curiosity, but why do you say that?

SNIP

1 pair Swordtails 1 pair Guppies -

These prefer much harder water than your other choices so I wouldn't

have
them.

According to fishprofiles.com all of the fish (except the livebearers) are
OK in 5-19dH water. The livebearers are ok in 10-20dH. My water is

around
7-8dH, which I'm hoping is going to be ok for the Guppies & Swordtails
especially since I used to have guppies many years ago in the same 7-8dH
water and they did really good (or at least they bred like crazy).

SNIP
Sue

Thanks for the input,
Harry