Old 09-01-2004, 01:02 AM
J Fortuna

Default Do people still buy orchids on Ebay?

The only time that I ever bid for an orchid on ebay was a phal belllina --
and luckily I lost that bid, since I had not read carefully enough to
realize how young the plant was (one of those ebay traps where they posted
the photo of the parent plant), and it was sold for more than the price I
wound up paying another grower for a blooming size one. I later went to the
site of the grower who was selling that seedling on ebay, and they were
selling plants of roughly the same price for much less money from their
homesite than at the auction.

So if anyone _is_ bidding for orchids on ebay, if you are not very careful,
you really should be! I know I am never going to bid for a plant on ebay
again.

Joanna

"House of Paisley" wrote in message
I am not selling anything.. honestly... I am a trader, but I am
curious though. Seems like a year or two ago there were tons of
plants being sold there, and now it looks pretty dead. Did people
finally realize most of the stuff was over priced? I see a couple
of the vendors who sell not much more than seedling sized plants,
but there used to be a couple others like JEM who seemed to
have reasonable plants. I don't even see them there anymore.

Crystal

--
http://home.comcast.net/~xtals/orchid.htm