Old 09-01-2004, 01:49 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Got me seeds today

The message
from lid (Rodger Whitlock) contains these words:
On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 13:34:01 GMT, Martin Bates wrote:

I made chilli "jam" this year. Not sure whether they are fruits or
vegetables, I guess similar to a tomato.

If anyone wants the recipe - about 80% tomatoes, 20% chillis. Add loads
of nutmeg, cinnamon, mixed spice, etc. whatever you have. Then make as
per normal fruit jam, straining off the pulp before adding the sugar.
It sounds disgusting and tastes very hot before setting, but once set,
is absolutely delicious. A bit like any red fruit jam, but with a kick
in the tail.

Sounds more like a chutney than anything else.

I have been known to nosh a slice of bread and chutney.....

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/