Old 09-01-2004, 02:33 AM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Shoot Tip Moth

Andy and Others:

The Pine Tip Month or Pine Shoot Months hatch in mid-summer (based on my
unfortunate experience). The tiny caterpillars grow up to 3/4 in length and are,
unfortunately, very difficult to see. They mine their way into needles and
into buds, cones, and twigs. If you can hand pick them, all the better. If
not, Neem is one form of control. Needless to say, there is an arsenal of other
chemicals, but I will allow you to pick your own weapons based on the severity
of the infestation.

Do not be fooled by these worms--they killed one of my magnificent specimens
while I was away for just one weekend many years ago.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
http://members.aol.com/iasnob/index.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++