Old 09-01-2004, 04:02 AM
animaux

Default Cutting Back Lantana

If you live where I live you would clean them up, but not too hard of a prune.
It was 84 degrees beginning of this week, then it was no warmer than 33 the
following day, now it's back to normal into the 60s. So, if I cut hard now, it
could encourage growth which will be damaged. If the lantana stems are brown
through and through, you can cut them back. I forget where you are. Salvia can
all be pruned back, but the same applies to any stems which can be green. You
can encourage new growth by pruning now and leaving yourself open to damage if a
real cold snap arrives.

On 8 Jan 2004 19:50:52 -0800, (Fleemo) opined:

I went out and took a look at some of my lantana plants, see how
they're doing in this winter weather. They look very dead, though I
know they'll spring back to life soon. My question is can I cut them
back now, take off the scraggily branches that are enroaching on the
sidewalk? Or should I wait until early spring?

What about the long stringy branches that extend beyond the greenery
on my salvias? Can that be cut off now, or should I wait?

Thanks.

-Fleemo