Old 09-01-2004, 05:02 AM
Jim

Default Burning Down the Pond

How about if I run black gas pipe out to the the back end of the pond,
put on a valve there, then something like icemaker tubing into the
pond so that gas bubbles up near the center, then light it.

Does natural gas contain sulfur? If so, I seem to recall something
about Sulfur Dioxide (poison) or Hydrogen Sulfide (rotten egg smell)
being a possible byproduct when mixed with water. I'm sure some of
our chemistry experts will chime in on this one, as I've forgotten
much more about chemistry than I remember.

Jim
Zone 8a - Dallas, Texas
Pond, Veggie Filter, Pond Maintenance & Pond Tour Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/user/dallas75248