Old 09-01-2004, 05:02 AM
Mike Patterson

Default Burning Down the Pond

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:15:31 -0600, John Hines
wrote:

Mike Patterson wrote:

How about if I run black gas pipe out to the the back end of the pond,
put on a valve there, then something like icemaker tubing into the
pond so that gas bubbles up near the center, then light it.

One would need an automatic sparker to ignite the gas bubbles, and if
the concentration isn't enough, it is just a gas leak.

I wouldn't run it all the time, but it'd be a cool effect for parties.

Why not floating candles?

'Cause I don't want no cutesy namby-pamby girly thing, I'm going for
-cool- not -cute-. :-)

But I appreciate the thought.

I already have a gas grill spark igniter I've been playing with, I
could just mount it on a 5' stick to light the flame.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.