Old 09-01-2004, 05:12 AM
Cybe R. Wizard

Default Burning Down the Pond

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:15:02 -0500
Mike Patterson wrote:

Really like my new pond, finally seem to have the surrounding drainage
problem and the Mysterious Water Loss After Heavy Rain problem fixed,
so now I'm thinking...

How about if I run black gas pipe out to the the back end of the pond,
put on a valve there, then something like icemaker tubing into the
pond so that gas bubbles up near the center, then light it.

I wouldn't run it all the time, but it'd be a cool effect for parties.

Would there be any adverse repercussions to the fish?

Mike

I think the bubbles would be too intermittent to hold the flame unless
you were running more gas than you'd care to. (Unless you use a bubble
diffuser?) Maybe run the pipe almost to the surface so there's more of
a steady gas stream? That'd cut down on the water/gas interaction, too,
in case of any adverse reactions with the pond environment.

Cybe R. Wizard -/wants/ to see it in action!
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.