Old 09-01-2004, 05:42 AM
Raelene

Default Perth sand improvement

"people" wrote

There used to be a group of fellow that advertised on the web that

they'd drop of a trailor load of whatever in exchange for a carton of beer.
It was a legit business that happen to offer mulch, etc for free.
However, I believe it's stopped now.

You can get mulch for free from your local tip.

Raelene - sth of the river.

What a pity they've stopped !

I didn't think about mulch from the tip - some of us just aren't very

bright I suppose *LOL*

Never mind, my brother knows a fellow with a 11m3 tipper so I'll bite

the bullet and get him to pick up 2 or 3 loads of chook poop for me. I made
some enquiries on the cost and one of the local farms (southern river)
offers to load a trailer (any -reasonable- size) for $20/load. I'm expecting
that the tipper will cost in the region of $100/load but that seems like a
good investment.

I'll go with the original plan, rotary hoe just before planting to

make sure everything is really well mixed in and then do a soil test.

Thanks for the replies.

Ivan.

Ivan: go to ------------ http://www.mulchnet.com/

If you get some, I want half. ;-)

Raelene
xxx

Raelene

are you anywhere near Ballajura? You're welcome to as much of my Mt

Everest of mulch as you want.

Oh, thanks honey-bun........ but I live sth of the river, and besides, I
don't have a tow-bar on my littl' red Ford. I did have a Corolla until it
died on the way to Mandurah.

Raelene
xxx

---