Old 09-01-2004, 06:32 AM
Patrick Mullins

Default orchids

Hello,

I don't know where to post this. I recently started growing orchids. I
purchased two plants last year and when we moved into our current house the
previous owner left me some of his orchids as he had too many to move to his
new house. I did lose three last winter in the greenhouse. We finally
closed it up and I installed a heater to keep it from getting below 50
degrees.

My question is one of the orchids has two long flower stems. One is over
three feet long and the other is about two feet give or take. When do the
flowers bloom? They sprouted out for over several weeks ago. Should I go
ahead and stake the stems before the flowers come out or wait until it
starts blooming? I brought it in the house to keep it safe from the cold
weather. I live in Columbus Georgia.

Thank you,

Deborah