Old 09-01-2004, 09:41 AM
Martin Bates Martin Bates is offline
Registered User

Default Got me seeds today

Sounds more like a chutney than anything else.

It's nothing like a chutney. Water is added to the tomatoes and simmered, then strained. No vinegars are used like in a traditional English chutney. Only the strained liquid is used, all the pulp is removed and then sugar added. If you eat tomato marmalade, you would think it was a normal red fruit jam. It also looks very similar to any red fruit jam that has been strained before setting. I've eaten all I made, otherwise I would have attached a jpg.