Old 09-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Bob Hobden

Default Sim Garden?

"Janet wrote in message

A simulated garden wouldn't do it for me :~} There are lots of other
places to get a fix of real gardening, as a volunteer. I volunteer at a
NT garden and can thoroughly recommend it..all ages and abilities are
welcome, people work within their own capabilities (and interests, to
some extent). I learn a lot from the professional gardeners there and
it's very satisfying to be part of a longterm garden and see the public
enjoying the results.

And, how about an allotment? Lots around going to waste, you can rent a half
plot normally if a whole one is too big, and flowers seem OK these days
judging by some around here who grow for show.
Contact your local Council, normally Leisure Services Dept, and see what's
available and at what price, then go visit the sites during a weekend to
chat to the gardeners already there.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
358 data units completed.