Old 09-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Hal

Default Cutting Back Lantana

On 8 Jan 2004 19:50:52 -0800, (Fleemo) wrote:

I went out and took a look at some of my lantana plants, see how
they're doing in this winter weather. They look very dead, though I
know they'll spring back to life soon. My question is can I cut them
back now, take off the scraggily branches that are enroaching on the
sidewalk? Or should I wait until early spring?

If you are talking about Miss Huff lantana I don't believe you can
hurt it by cutting it back. I removed the trash several winters and
it grew back strong. (So thick it grew almost 8' tall last year.) I
did have a few other varieties that weren't so cold tolerant and I
lost a few of those plants. One was purchased as Dallas Red, another
was similar (I don't know which is which.) and another had a varigated
leaf with yellow flowers, you might want to be more careful with those
if you have them.

Regards,

Hal Zone 8 Middle Georgia