Old 09-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Pam Moore

Default Where do red spider mite come from?

I have been caring for some seedlings of a plant I should not be
growing and it looks as though "someone up there" has decided I should
not grow them, even as a curiosity! (The substance is supposed to be
good for glaucoma which I have!!!)
They were looking OK before Christmas but when I came home after a
week away they looked a bit sad. I thought they were dry or cold or
both. Deterioration continued and then a maginfying glass showed me
it is red spider mite.
I have had this problem on other plants, but not for at least 3 years.
Where have they come from? None of the other plants nearby, in my
living room, are affected. They don't fly like carrot fly do they?

Pam in Bristol