Old 09-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Steve Harris

Default Is this true? If so, it gives me an idea

In article m,
(Martin Bates) wrote:

For loads more information on companion plants just search on the web.

It illustrates the problem very nicely!

Take a look at
http://www.gardensablaze.com/Compani...anionYield.htm which has
Beet in both the "COMPATIBLE" and "INCOMPATIBLE" columns for Beans,
Pole!

Less extremely, I went looking for good companions for Tomatoes and
found these snippets:

Tomato plant with Parsley, asparagus, marigold, nasturtium, carrots,
limas Don't plant with corn, dill
Tomato: Carrots, onions and parsley are good companion plants. Keep the
cabbage and cauliflower away from them.
Marigolds interplanted with tomatoes help the tomatoes grow and produce
better
Basil -use with tomatoes
Borage -use around tomatoes
Tomato: Chives, onion, parsley, asparagus, marigold, nasturtium, carrot,
limas.
Tomatoes should be planted near Marigolds, Asparagus, Borage and
Horehound, but never planted close to Potatoes or Tobacco.