Old 09-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Anonny Moose

Default More questions about cuddly ducklings

My ducks devoured all types of lettuce, cilantro, just about anything green
and leafy. They even started nibbling at pumpkin leaves. They also ate
cherry tomatoes, but not the leaves. They don't bother the rosemary though.
Seems to me they didn't bother strawberries, either. Maybe that will happen
this year. If you have less than an acre for them, I'd suggest the smaller
number of ducks.
karen

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
I'm thoroughly wedded to the idea of getting 4-6 ducks in the spring.
They'll have a large fenced-in area in the back yard, also enclosing
the garden.

As I understand it, ducks will eat bugs and slugs (good), but they
also like to nibble at vegetation (potentially bad).

Does anyone have any experience with the kinds of garden veggies ducks
like to eat, and which therefore would need to be protected? I
imagine I wouldn't have much problem with them eating the really
aromatic stuff like oregano and garlic, etc., but I've been wrong
before...

Any input would be appreciated.

Mark