Old 09-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] '03 award programs

Thanks Alan. I'm aware of all this and my point was that there
is no
contest/evaluation available to U.S. collectors, besides the

Japanese
sponsored WBC, where a fine bonsai may be judged unless it has

been owned by
the same person for 3-5 years and that person (no other) has

maintained it.
Yes, I or another may hold our own judged exhibit where the

entry criteria
aren't ridiculous, but the fact that our national organizations

want no part
of that is simply laughable.

Maybe the Bonsai Today family (Asia and Europe and USA, including
BTO) should get together and sponsor a competition of this
type -- either photographic like these three, or on the ground a
part of some major bonsai get-together -- like there's probably
time to plan it for the big gathering in Washington DC in 2005.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - The ignorant
man marvels at the exceptional; the wise man marvels at the
common; the greatest wonder of all is the regularity of
nature. -- George Dana Bordman

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++