Old 09-01-2004, 09:39 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Mealybugs, HELP

On 09 Jan 2004 18:18:21 GMT, (IiSpankyii)
wrote:

Yep, I put isopropyl alcohol on one, and yes, it lived. I know thats contrary
to everything I have read, but the sucker doesnt die. I actually picked one
off my plant, put it on a piece of paper, and put alcohol on it, and it didnt
kill it. I dont know if you have access to any mealys, but try it. I used the
70% isopropyl alcohol too. Straight from the bottle. I dont understand it. I
only know mine are still alive. Any other ideas to try?

I doubt you have mealy bugs or that your alcohol is pure. I use
50/50 alcohol and water and one spray - they turn brown and don't
move again.

Something else is going on there.
SuE