Old 09-01-2004, 10:03 PM
Empty

Default (almost) free plants

tose (LeighMo) wrote in
:

Try searching this newsgroup (at Google) on BBA, and you'll find a lot
of discussion on it. Pay no attention to those calling it Satanic.
g It's algae, uglier and tougher than most, but still just algae.
SAEs eat it, which is why planted tank folk like them so much. I
think they prefer the tender new growth, though, rather than the tough
old stuff, so if your tank is heavily infested, pruning leaves that
are covered with algae will help, even if you have SAEs.

Amano shrimp are far less picky, and will eat it with gusto all day.

~Empty

--
'You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it
kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other