Old 09-01-2004, 10:08 PM
Synaptic Flow

Default Where do red spider mite come from?

"martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 18:41:40 -0000, "Synaptic Flow"
wrote:

According to people I've talked to who have glaucoma & have had side

effects
it's mainly itchiness & slight swelling, but, it varies from person to
person & treatment to treatment. I would comment though that your

treatment
may need some review as it appears you have managed to not only snip my
intitial statement which stated "shouldn't be used as a complete
replacement"

Are you a doctor?

No. Do you work for a pharmecuetical company?

Why is any replacement necessary or even to be considered?

1 Not everybody has either a blind trust in pharmecutical company's, who
often produce drugs that treat an illness with hidden side effects or
produce an effective placebo that does little to promote well being but does
healthy profit margins.

2 Some people have the strange belief that a treatment derived from nature
may be less stressful on the body than a purely laboratory based product.

I can think of a few other reasons too, but I'm not willing to draw other
people's anger by prolonging the argument.

but also introduced a period which completely changes the
context of the sentence.

I am sorry, I snipped to leave the context. I commented on your
remark about side effects.

That may have been your intent, but effectively, you edited my initial
context to make me sound like someone who was advocating the use of herbal
treatment only, which is not the case.

I wouldn't recommend anything other than getting professional advice
from a doctor. There are a frightening number of people, who go blind
for no good reason in UK every year. Glaucoma is not a joke, nor is it
a thing to be treated by an amateur.

I'm not an amateur, in terms of medicine I know enopugh to keep myself
healthy & first aid training that hopefully would be of some use in an
emergency, however, I do not consider a doctor to necessarily be the best
commentary on what is best for my own health.

And before you ask, yes, I don't support vivisection, the only time I hugged
a tree is when I wrapped myself round one on a motorbike & yes, I do smoke
myself for no other reason than than it gives me some form of relief from
the pressures of work and parts of my life.

--
Martin