Old 09-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Mark

Default More questions about cuddly ducklings

"Anonny Moose" wrote in message ...
My ducks devoured all types of lettuce, cilantro, just about anything green
and leafy. They even started nibbling at pumpkin leaves. They also ate
cherry tomatoes, but not the leaves. They don't bother the rosemary though.
Seems to me they didn't bother strawberries, either. Maybe that will happen
this year. If you have less than an acre for them, I'd suggest the smaller
number of ducks.
karen

Actually, I'll be enclosing about 1/3 acre for these 4 ducks, but I
plan on laying in a good supply of "duck chow" to supplement their
diet. They'll have shelter in my garden shed from both the elements
and any dog-like predators (I also wouldn't have any ethical problems
with popping a load of rat-shot into the backside of any of the
neighborhood doggies who like to crap in my yard, should they decide
that attacking my ducks is all-of-a-sudden a good idea).

I guess I'll put some light barrers around my "tasty" crops, at least
until they're big enough to put up with a little nibbling from the
ducks.

Mark