Old 10-01-2004, 02:12 AM
John Catron

Default Everything Under Snow

just to let you know, Ann........my computer isn't talking to JOhn's
computer which is the hub of the networked computers in this house. He ain't
lurking. Yeah, he's a Michigander........g You grew up in Grand Rapids?
He's told me stories about how the "lake effect" slammed into Grand Rapids
lots of times dumping more snow on you than where he was in Grand
Haven.......John is now gone and I'm stuck with having to come down to the
dragon-cave to communicate. You have no idea how frustrating this is. I HATE
this downstairs "den" (it's also where the washer and dryer are, and is the
only reason I come down here. The cold ass tool room is off of this room to
the east and off THAT is another room where the furnace is and where a lot
of stuff has accumulated. The door on the toolroom is actually a garage
door. Wonderful draft coming in from under that, and it's just bricko block.
No insulation. (the "front" of this room faces north and has one little
casement window and a window in the door. At least the bricko blocks are 9
inches thick or it'd be colder'n a witches tit in a brass bra). The
tropical plants and angel fish in the two aquariums aren't too happy, but
he's rigged up florescent lights for the tropicals and the open aquariums
are providing some moisture in the room.

So here I sit. All alone. Squire is on the road and he's in Florida right
now. On his way I think to Ohio. Not sure. I'm about to undertake the deju
vu adventure of lonliness again. Son is out with his girl type friend and
it's just me and the dogs and cats who are trying to drive me nuts knocking
things off Squire's computer desk...........

He can be sweet sometimes. by the way. But he IS the computer wizard around
here and now that my computer is acting tempermental, I'm stuck. There might
come a time when I can't get online at all if this keeps up. I hope not.
It's my link to the outside world sometimes. sg

If you wanna holler at me, you gotta go thru Squire's e-mail for the time
beings.
madgardener up on the lonely, cold ridge, back in Fairy holler where the
fairies are tucked under a blanket of snow, overlooking English Mountain, in
Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36