Old 10-01-2004, 03:32 AM
Hal

Default Cutting Back Lantana

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 18:44:15 GMT, animaux wrote:

The 'Dallas Red' didn't do well for you? I bought several of them and I didn't
get much production from them the first year. I'm hoping for a better stand
this coming season. I don't like reds, but butterflies and hummers do. I also
have the variegated variety you mentioned. I have it in the greenhouse. That
is one beautiful plant. I had it in a container with Ipomoea 'Blackie' and that
was beautiful all summer long. It's still blooming in the g-house.

I thought the varigated plant was interesting too, but I didn't
replace them after they died from the cold. I want plants I don't
have to work so hard keeping them alive. I like the reds because
they are smaller than Miss Huff and I can put them in smaller beds
without doing much work on them, but the butterflies don't seem to
notice the difference in color they go to both reds and Miss Huff
quite well. I have a swing between the beds and enjoy both during
the warm weather.

Regards,

Hal