Old 10-01-2004, 05:32 AM

Default RGO going down the drain?

profpam wrote in message ...
In the years that I have been on this forum, I have meet so many
wonderful people, learned so much about orchids, asked many questions,
answered many questions, and truly enjoy the group.

I am most certain that RGO has an abundance of silent subscribers --
those who are reluctant to ask questions but read all of the posts.
Time is often a valuable commodity, and I am most certain that many
folks peruse the newgroups as they do a newspaper, reading the subject
line and then perhaps reading just the posts that pertain to the
individual. I doubt that people are losing interest in orchids and RGO.
The AOS article, "Orchid Popularity Still ?GROWING? In U.S.
http://www.orchidweb.org/ tells us "Orchids are second behind
poinsettias, which experienced a three percent decrease with $247
million in sales. . ." This is to say that there is an ever increasing
potential audience out there for RGO.

Hi all. Guess I'm a lurker. However I've asked a couple of
questions, and made some comments. There must be some lurkers
however, because one of the questions I asked was answered directly to
my e mail account. That individual has not responded to this thread.

Best wishes to all, and yes I've lurked, read, and asked. Wonderful
group.

Thank you all,

Nancy