Old 10-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Amit

Default No luck with plants! Plz Help!!

Caz,
There are three important issues in order to have a successful planted tank:
1. Most important is Light!anywhere between 1.5 - 3.5/4 watts per gallon.
2. Carbon dioxide - not a must! (Some will doubt me over here) but very
important for healthy growth.
3. Temperature - In your case is ok
Other important add-ons are fine gravel and fertilizers as liquid and/or in
the gravel itself.
There are some excellent sites you can also refer to, books and...
Newsgroups!
You should not get frustrated at all - You just have to read a bit, and your
back on track.

I personally own a 100gallon Juwel planted tank, and started just like you
once....

Amit
"Caz" wrote in message
Hi all,

Can someone please help, I have a 40 gal juwel tank that came complete

with
filter heater etc. It has 2 bulbs, I don't have a clue what this means lol
but it says on them LT 25w / 030 30" warmwhite. The temp of my tank is set
at 76f / 24c and it has normal gravel in it. My fish seem really happy

and
healthy but my plants are getting stained brown and some are decomposing
slowly. I am doing regular water changes and all the readings of my water
are fine. I am also having problems getting rid of algae, in my tank I

have
1 figure eight puffer, 4 pygmy puffers, 3 clown loaches, 2 otos and a

pleco.

As you can tell I am very new to this game and am getting very frustrated,
If anyone can help I would be very thankful.

Caz