Old 10-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Mark Anderson

Default Everything Under Snow

In article says...
where do you garden? It just goes to show everyone that where there is a
desire to garden, you can do so ANYWHERE! (by the way Mark, if yer looking
for those pruners, you left them in the trellis container out in the snow.
Bad on the blades, dude! g!

LOL. I realized I left them out there after I stitched those photos
together. I live in a north side neighborhood of Chicago where buildings
are very close together. My place has no yard whatsoever; every square
foot of land was built on. When I moved here my garden was a 60 foot by
6 foot parkway (the land between the sidewalk and street) which was all
lawn. I converted the grass into a wildflower garden and planted some
trees. Over the years the trees grew very large and a Rose of Sharon
hedge took over the parkway.

A couple of years ago I reinforced the garage for a wildflower garden on
the roof. The space is 12' x 20' (240 sq ft) and I try to squeeze as
many plants up there as possible. There are 2 8'x2'x1' that are for
wildflowers and the rest are individual containers for herbs,
veggies, flowers, vines, etc. Last summer I had 4 tomato plants up there
but they take up too much space and work watering so I'm going with
rosemary and sage in those planters this summer. I'm researching a way
to start a couple of trees up there but I'm not sure how big of a planter
they'll need.

Although I really love living in the city, I miss having a yard with good
sun.

BTW: If anyone is interested there are more pics at:
http://www.brandylion.com/gallery/

madgardener impressed with the ingenuity of others.
"Mark Anderson" wrote in message
.net...
In article says...
A mere six or eight inches snow shuts down the town, which is pretty
funny, cuz when I was in Madison two feet & a blizzard shut down nothing
in town.

Here's my garden in the summer and taken a few days ago.

http://www.brandylion.com/garden_pan/