Old 10-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Mealybugs, HELP

On 10 Jan 2004 15:07:50 GMT, nospamX
(TRAINMAN9) wrote:

Hi. Im having a small problem with Mealys, and not having much luck with

Mealy bugs are usually a problem when the humidity is too low or the plants are
not watered on a frequent enough basis, same for scale.

OK I keep seeing the low humidity. My humidity is between 70 -
80 %. We water the vandaceous stuff often and the mounts the
rest more than once a week. And I have been fighting mealybugs
for over a year.

We have used 2 different pressure bombs, ortheneWP (maybe not the
right name, but the powder), alcohol on every last one I can get
to, buds or not. I want them gone! I will sacrifice buds for
bugs-B- GONE! The keep reappearing.

What is the pure never fail solution -- other than ditching all
the plants?
SuE