Old 11-01-2004, 10:04 AM
JennyC

Default Snowdrops

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:50:56 +0100, JennyC wrote:

Small really is better. In a small garden, you don't have room
for anything less than the best plants, and the sheer size makes
it much easier to maintain to a high standard. In a way, I look
forward to the day when I have a postage stamp garden instead of
the rather spacious place I have today, where parts are always a
mess and there are too many so-so plants taking up room.

You may be right, but small gardens can sometimes get too tidy and tailored.

Victoria, British Columbia, whence my ravings emanate, has long
been known as "the city of gardens."

I know !! Lovely gardens all over the place.
I always recomend going to live in Victoria to ex-pats who want a Britsh type
atmosphere but don't want to go back to britain !

The gardening here is also quite un-selfconscious. People garden
for their own pleasure without much thought for what the rest of
the world will say or think

Indeed. It's very noticabel when you drive about the city.
Jenny