Old 11-01-2004, 11:55 AM
pswilletts pswilletts is offline
Registered User

Location: Birmingham, UK
Default Mikado (Syngonathus)

I have also bought a Mikado from IKEA! - No idea what it is apart from what it says on the label...just incase yours is missing is states that :-

* It should not be kept in direct sunlight...suitable for the bathroom
* Keep Moist as soil should not be dry.
* Fertilise once-a-month
* Helps to keep the air cleaner.

The reason a bought it is because throught-out my time travelling to France they have a snack called 'Mikado' which are long bread-sticks and a small chocolate drop on the end - Not a million miles away from the appearace of the plant! There is also a game called Mikado which are basically long strands of wood with markings on and you are supposed to drop them at once and take it in turn to pick them up without disturbing the others...You score points according to the markings!

Unfortunatley I have no other info origin of this plant so, please keep me posted if you find out anymore!

Regards,

Paul.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Geater
Hello,

My wife recently bought a Mikado (Syngonathus) from IKEA and is wondering
exactly what to do with it. Does anyone here know how to look after it? I
found a German page about it but the babelfish translation wasn't as helpful
as it might have been.

If you're interested, this is what it looks like (not my picture):
http://www.tomasek.cz/obrazky/kytka/mikadoOKLQ.jpeg
There's very little about it on the web - does anyone know it by a different
name?

Any help appreciated.

Jon