Old 11-01-2004, 01:03 PM
David J Bockman

Default Border Garden Ideas?

You *can* increase the depth of the bed, and probably should, because (IMHO)
that depth and length looks absurdly skinny.

Those spinkler heads which are enveloped by the new bed can be switched out
for mulch irrigation instead of turf irrigation-- typically these mulch
heads telescope up to throw the water over a larger area around shrubs.

Dave

"Riddles" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I am new to the list and curious to get some opinions about the
kinds of perennials to plant this upcoming growing season.

My bed in question runs the southern and western perimeter of the
house, which is approximately 80' and 42' long. The bed extends 2'
from the wall with full sun on the south and part-sun on the west.
The bed is irrigated with a buried drip line, which is on an
electronic irrigation system. The bed cannot widened due to the
location of the sprinkler heads for the lawn.

Last year was our first year in the new house, so I kept it very
simple by planting pale yellow petunias that complimented the color of
the siding and the brick. Now that the lawn is in, I want to be able
to devote more time (and color!!) to my largest bed.

Thanks,

Riddles