Old 11-01-2004, 01:29 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] '03 award programs

Andy Rutledge wrote:

Thanks Alan. I'm aware of all this and my point was that there is no
contest/evaluation available to U.S. collectors, besides the Japanese
sponsored WBC, where a fine bonsai may be judged unless it has been owned by
the same person for 3-5 years and that person (no other) has maintained it.
snip

Right now I'm putting together an exhibit in the Dallas Fine Arts community
and I received a letter from someone else in the Northeast who is doing the
same thing. Small, individual efforts such as these are nice and one way to
address this dearth of opportunity, but it should not be left to individuals
to do what should be a no-brainer for our national leadership. My opinion.

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
www.andyrutledge.com/palaver/main.htm
zone 8, Texas

Andy:
Let me ask the $5 question. Do you personally know of anyone who is in this
desperate situation you describe, being a wealthy person who pays someone else to
style and completely maintain their trees, and who is suffering terribly because
nobody will allow them to display their trees in competitions? I guess I'd like to
hear from this shy group of people myself.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++