Old 11-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Janet Tweedy

Default Is this true? If so, it gives me an idea

In article , Andy Hunt
writes
I've just bought a tube of little beasties from this company:-

http://www.defenders.co.uk

To get rid of some spider mites I have on some indoor plants. I don't know
if it will work, but they say they have predators for aphids too - parasitic
wasps and the like which they will send you in various quantities.

I'll let you know if it works on spider mites . . .

Andrew

They didn't on mine - there was no visible decline in the number of
spider mites and |I treated the plants twice!
The only thing that did work (the plants were actually rooted cuttings
of shrubs and perennials|) was to defoliate the worst affected plants
and cut them back, then feed them if they had sufficient root balls.
This seemed to get rid of the spider mite or at least cut it down,
because the new growth was clearly unspider mited and seemed to stay
that way.
Since then I've taken everything out of the greenhouse and hosed it,
Jeyes fluided it, smoked it and scrubbed it and I'm hoping that will
kill the little beggars.
I also had spider mite with a vengeance on some very strong growing
Ipomea plants up a southern facing wall. There were tons of lowers on
all the plants but the leaves looked awful.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph