Old 11-01-2004, 04:36 PM
martin

Default Conservatory vine

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:58:41 +0000, Pam Moore
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:32:02 -0000, "Pete Griffiths"
wrote:

We currently have a new conservatory under construction, and have been given
a vine (no idea what variety!). There are no planting holes in the floor,
but I have heard that a useful alternative is to plant the vine outside
against the wall, and train it through a hole into the conservatory. The
hole would be large enough to accept the girth of the vine when matured, and
would be packed with foam or a similar material in the meantine. Is this a
sensible approach? (One of my concerns is mice!)

Bob Flowerdew says he now advocates growing vines in big containers
and keeping them inside in summer and outside in winter. Yes that
way round. I forget the reasoning but have heard him say it more than
once on GQT. It is probably in one of his books somewhere.

Our vines grow in the garden without any protection.
--
Martin