Old 11-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Arthur

Default Shredder recommendations

"simon" wrote in message
Anyhow, I know nothing about shredders so any help very gratefully
appreciated !

This may be contentious but I personally don't think shredders are a good
idea. I bought one of the more expensive electric ones, but it was a very
noisy and tiresomely slow. I got to dread standing at the thing wearing
goggles and ear defenders for two hours at a time, working through a heap of
cuttings. And I think the neighbours were fed up with it too. Far
quicker (and cheaper) to bag it up and take it down the dump. Yes you can
use it for a mulch when shredded, but how much disease are you recycling
back into the garden?

- Arthur