Old 11-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Paul

Default Help! Bird of Paradise parasites

We have an indoor Bird of Paradise plant about 5 feet tall. We got it only
couple of months ago. Just couple of days ago i've noticed a small
segmented worm under the plant. The worm is about half an inch long of light
brown color. I looked closely in the soil and noticed tens of much smaller
worms like this one. Whitish to brownish color, segmented but no legs that
i could see. The plant also has one suspicious black hole on one of the
branches. Plus some leafs have no less suspicious holes through them. Not
to many though. Only 3 or 4 about half an inch to quarter of an inch in
diameter. These holes possibly came with the plant. I'm no gardening
expert, but i think that something could be living inside the stems that is
damaging the plant. And those worms could come from the larvae as we had a
problem with tiny flies in the fall. Can anybody recommend what to do with
these worms or holes in the leaves?