Old 30-01-2003, 03:59 AM
Mark Prout

Default Paph problems

Oh, and before vinegar, I used to use a couple of drops of muriatic acid per
gallon ... also otherwise deadly.

On 1/29/03 5:44 PM, in article , "Jerry
Hoffmeister" wrote:

I'm curious as well...

And Ray, if vinegar is a bad choice (to lower pH) what would u suggest?

"Ray @ First Rays Orchids" wrote in message
That's a good question, Wendy, as straight vinegar is a marvelous

herbicide!
I use it to keep weeds out of my brick walkway.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"Wendy" wrote in message
Interesting Mark? How much Apple Cider Vinegar do you use in proportion

water?
Cheers Wendy
"Mark Prout" wrote in message
| We have pretty basic water here in KC. Nearly pH 9. No problem with

salts
if
| I flush well when watering. I used bottled distilled for my brachys
though.
| For all else, I just lower the pH of the tap water with apple cider
vinegar,
| a natural acid with some bonus micronutrients as well. The phals love

it.

| On 1/29/03 12:49 AM, in article APKZ9.76097$rM2.43834@rwcrnsc53,

"Jerry
| Hoffmeister" wrote:
|
| Not really trying to escape anything except chlorine. It's more

that
the
| dehumidifier is "making" water so I might as well use it. I

remember
when I
| was a kid, my mother would use it in her iron thinking it was
essentially
| distilled or pure water. I figured the same but was suprised when

it
read
| higher on the TDS meter than the tap water. And yes, we're blessed

here
in
| Seattle with great water! In the greenhouse, I simply use a hozon
thingy to
| add fert to the tap water.
|
| "Clare Sleeter" wrote in message
| What is in the Seattle water that you are trying to escape? I ask

the
| same. The
| water up here is so wondxerful compared to Southern CA.
|
| Susan Erickson wrote:
|
| On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 02:37:33 GMT, "Jerry Hoffmeister"
| wrote:
|
| I have an RO water / pH question - I'm watering w/ "distilled"

water
| from
| the dehumidifier
| The other interesting thing is that the dissolved salts in the
| "distilled"
| water reads more than the water straight out of the tap - 40 ppm

vs
33